Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Military bags

Recently I had a friend bring me a uniform from when she was in the military and asked if I could make a bag out of it.  At first I was a little scared because I had always made things from straight fabric so to transform one thing into another was different.  Once I started I was really excited about it and hope to get my hands on one of Mark's uniforms soon to make my own.  The picture shows the bag with Mark's patches on it just so you can see the finished product.

These bags will sell for $30 if you provide the uniform.  If you do not have a uniform to provide it will depend on how much it cost me to find one for you.  I know recently my friend sold her used ones for $15 each but I think that was a good deal and might not always be for that price.  I also have the digital print fabric that I can make one from scratch which would be $45. 

This bag is perfect for a diaper bag or just an everyday tote.
The front of the bag is made from the front of the jacket (pockets included) with the zipper removed.

each side has the pockets from the sleeve of the jacket just perfect for sippy cups and bottles

The inside has two small pockets for keys and cell phone and is lined with what ever cute fabric you would like.


No comments: