Monday, June 7, 2010

Hooded Towels

Recently I was asked to make a hooded towel for a customer for a baby gift.  I had a blast taking on something new and being creative with it.  The first one I made with a large towel and a hand towel.  I loved how it turned out but realized that it was too big for a baby.  This towel would be perfect for kids ages 4-7 years old and would be super cute personalized.  If you like it let me know or if you want one similar but in different fabric I can do that as well.  The hooded towel sells for $20 with personalization $25.

This towel the hood is placed in the middle of the towel.  the circle detail is sewn on the bottom corner.  Wouldn't it be cute with the child's initials in the big circle?!?
This towel was done with a smaller towel and a wash cloth making it the perfect size for babies and toddlers.  I added a ribbon detail on the hood and a cute little helicopter on the bottom corner.  This picture shows the bottom corner folded into the hood.  When wearing the helicopter would be in the other direction.

No comments: